Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Week

What we did this week:

Family- This week we had some good times. The events that stand out most to me are Grandma Forsey's 80th birthday party and helping fill the eggs for the South Ogden Easter egg hunt. I wasn't sure how well the girls would do but they did awesome! Ali was right on it. We folded up free kid meal coupons to Zucca and Warren's then placed it in a plastic egg with two pieces of taffy. Ali could do it all herself! Emi and I worked as a team I would fold then she would put it all in the egg then tape it while I held it shut. Bridger even did well smiling at everyone and eating cheerios. They even fed us pizza! What a fun way to spend a Friday night. I would love to do more family service like this. Grandma's birthday was great. We had quite a few people there. She didn't want a meet and greet so her kids sent out letters asking for people to write her a letter with memories of her. They got a great response. We then shared some of them that night. She is looking good after all these years!

Church- We had our Relief Society birthday party this week. What we did was encouraged people to read scriptures that had been previously picked out and answer questions. Then Thursday we had 2 different sessions that people could come to and share there experiences. We also had some FHE kits for people to put together. We also served brownies ice cream and hot fudge. For our ward I wouldn't do two sessions again. The girls also had a primary activity this week called the spiritual olympics. I didn't see all the fun but I know they made the title of Liberty and sugar cookie gold medals.

Workouts- This week my personal workouts stunk. I did get a good 50 min, cycling ride in but that as about it.
Teaching -I taught 3 yoga classes this week. 2 60 min classes and 1 40 min. kid yoga class. My kids yoga class has been a growing experience for me. Trying to find ways to keep the kids interested and to attempt to make it fun yet yoga like. This past week I really tried to walk around and give positive feedback. It seemed to go over well.
Training- I had 3 training sessions 2 of which are my regular Wellness group sessions.

Thoughts- At Grandma's birthday I got talking to our cousins Chris and Nicole the cute newlyweds in the fam. I told them they are just like the couples in our ward that I worry about . The nice RM husband and the cute young wife, just excited about life but a little lazy in their church devotion. I of course said this as a generalization not meaning anything about them personally. But as it turns out they are even more like the couples in our ward then I thought. But as they analyzed the situation I found out that they thought "Why invest the time and effort we are only here for a short time" Which I can see many of our renters saying and even town home owners. Then they also said that this past week their Elders Quorum president came out to visit them. This was the first visit they have had. They visited for an hour and a half. they enjoyed it and now feel like they have some friends. They also couldn't see why they would be important to a ward. This has given me greater insight into what I need to be doing for my calling.

0 comments: